Fixtures out for Oaklands Wolves’ fourth season in the WBBL
- Credit: Archant
Oaklands Wolves get their fourth season in the WBBL under way with an away trip to Sheffield Hatters on October 13.
The first game at the Sportszone at Oaklands College is scheduled for six days later when Manchester Mystics are the visitors.
Those aren't the first competitive fixtures for the Wolves with games against Leicester Riders and Cardiff Met Archers at the University of Essex in the Trophy and a home game with London Lions on October 5 in the Cup before that.
The last game before Christmas and the New Year is at home to Newcastle Eagles and it is the return fixture on Tyneside that closes out the regular season on April 19.
Wolves reached the play-offs for the first time last year and an impressive finish to the season brings confidence of a good year again this time around.
You may also want to watch:
They will have to do it, however, without Tia Freeman, the talented British star having joined Nottingham Wildcats.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 4 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 7 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 8 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 9 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 10 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival