Watford players drop by Harpenden coaching session
- Credit: Archant
Two promotion-winning footballers dropped in to coach youngsters in Harpenden.
As part of the on-going partnership between Watford Community Sports and Education Trust, Harpenden Rovers and Harpenden Colts, Josh Doherty and Matthew Connelly surprised young footballers when they joined in with activities at a Football Fun Course.
Doherty and Connelly are both members of the Watford team that has earned promotion to the Premier League after finishing second in the Championship.
The courses are run during school holiday for six to 11-year-olds and aim to promote participation in youth football in the Harpenden District. Youngsters of all abilities attend and benefit from meeting other like minded people as well as enjoying the fun aspects of football.
The children are coached using a combination of skills and drills in all aspects of junior football by coaches from Watford.
You may also want to watch:
The next course will take place at the Harpenden Rovers’ ground in Cravells Road Harpenden on May 27-29. The day’s activities start at 10am and finish at 3pm. Booking details can be obtained by emailing Paul King on email@example.com
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 6 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans