Watford players drop by Harpenden coaching session
- Credit: Archant
Two promotion-winning footballers dropped in to coach youngsters in Harpenden.
As part of the on-going partnership between Watford Community Sports and Education Trust, Harpenden Rovers and Harpenden Colts, Josh Doherty and Matthew Connelly surprised young footballers when they joined in with activities at a Football Fun Course.
Doherty and Connelly are both members of the Watford team that has earned promotion to the Premier League after finishing second in the Championship.
The courses are run during school holiday for six to 11-year-olds and aim to promote participation in youth football in the Harpenden District. Youngsters of all abilities attend and benefit from meeting other like minded people as well as enjoying the fun aspects of football.
The children are coached using a combination of skills and drills in all aspects of junior football by coaches from Watford.
The next course will take place at the Harpenden Rovers’ ground in Cravells Road Harpenden on May 27-29. The day’s activities start at 10am and finish at 3pm. Booking details can be obtained by emailing Paul King on email@example.com
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 3 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 4 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 5 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 6 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival