Watford players drop by Harpenden coaching session
- Credit: Archant
Two promotion-winning footballers dropped in to coach youngsters in Harpenden.
As part of the on-going partnership between Watford Community Sports and Education Trust, Harpenden Rovers and Harpenden Colts, Josh Doherty and Matthew Connelly surprised young footballers when they joined in with activities at a Football Fun Course.
Doherty and Connelly are both members of the Watford team that has earned promotion to the Premier League after finishing second in the Championship.
The courses are run during school holiday for six to 11-year-olds and aim to promote participation in youth football in the Harpenden District. Youngsters of all abilities attend and benefit from meeting other like minded people as well as enjoying the fun aspects of football.
The children are coached using a combination of skills and drills in all aspects of junior football by coaches from Watford.
You may also want to watch:
The next course will take place at the Harpenden Rovers’ ground in Cravells Road Harpenden on May 27-29. The day’s activities start at 10am and finish at 3pm. Booking details can be obtained by emailing Paul King on email@example.com
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 8 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 9 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book