Warriors come out to play with league and cup double
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Youth U18 Warriors have picked up a league and cup double – in their final year of junior football.
After several seasons of near relegation, Warriors were crowned Watford Friendly League Yellow Division champions after remaining unbeaten throughout their 16 games, winning all but one.
And they followed that up by winning the Watford Friendly League Spring Shield with a 4-1 win over St Gregory’s United U18 Jaguars in the final.
Surprisingly 18 of their 19-man squad come from one school, Beaumont.
Manager Keith Glasscoe said: “I have managed Warriors since U6 and we very nearly folded last year.
You may also want to watch:
“However, I am incredibly proud that the lads wanted to carry on and their achievements in their final season of junior football have been sensational.
“It is entirely down to their teamwork and dedication, which has been awesome”.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public