Warriors come out to play with league and cup double
- Credit: Archant
St Albans City Youth U18 Warriors have picked up a league and cup double – in their final year of junior football.
After several seasons of near relegation, Warriors were crowned Watford Friendly League Yellow Division champions after remaining unbeaten throughout their 16 games, winning all but one.
And they followed that up by winning the Watford Friendly League Spring Shield with a 4-1 win over St Gregory’s United U18 Jaguars in the final.
Surprisingly 18 of their 19-man squad come from one school, Beaumont.
Manager Keith Glasscoe said: “I have managed Warriors since U6 and we very nearly folded last year.
“However, I am incredibly proud that the lads wanted to carry on and their achievements in their final season of junior football have been sensational.
“It is entirely down to their teamwork and dedication, which has been awesome”.
- 1 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 2 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 3 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 4 Man wanted for criminal damage at The Horn pub
- 5 Victorian street theatre coming to St Albans city centre this Christmas with classic Dickensian tale
- 6 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 9 Restaurant review: Christmas at The Ivy in St Albans
- 10 St Albans named among UK's best places for Christmas activities