Warriors at Carnival
HARPENDEN Little Samurai Warriors will be taking part in this year s Round Table Harpenden Carnival. Created by Sensei Sean Connley who runs Kaisho Ju-Jitsu Ryu the Premier Martial Arts Club in Hertfordshire, Little Samurai Warriors is a martial arts and
HARPENDEN Little Samurai Warriors will be taking part in this year's Round Table Harpenden Carnival.
Created by Sensei Sean Connley who runs Kaisho Ju-Jitsu Ryu the Premier Martial Arts Club in Hertfordshire, Little Samurai Warriors is a martial arts and life skill programme for children aged between four to eight.
"I have been involved in martial arts for over 31 years, either learning, competing or teaching. With two small children of my own I realised that there was something missing from the way most martial arts are taught to young children.
"Most lessons are used to teach martial arts only but the founding principles of martial arts can be adapted to teach other life skills to kids such as anti bullying, self defence, stranger awareness, respect, focus, discipline, confidence and goal setting. If you can teach children these skills at an early age, combine them with fun and games then this helps them through a key development time."
You may also want to watch:
Kaisho Ju-Jitsu Ryu was founded in 2007 by Sensei Connley and has rapidly grown with over 95 students in four different clubs ranging in age from four to 60.
Sean now holds training sessions at Crabtree School Harpenden, Wilbury School Letchworth, Beaumont School St Albans and Maulden School in Bedfordshire.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
Little Samurai Warriors is a programme created specifically for ages four to eight and uses martial arts techniques and games to help your child develop skill.
The curriculum also contains Little Samurai Warriors skills that are used to encourage and reinforce values.