Warriors at Carnival
HARPENDEN Little Samurai Warriors will be taking part in this year s Round Table Harpenden Carnival. Created by Sensei Sean Connley who runs Kaisho Ju-Jitsu Ryu the Premier Martial Arts Club in Hertfordshire, Little Samurai Warriors is a martial arts and
HARPENDEN Little Samurai Warriors will be taking part in this year's Round Table Harpenden Carnival.
Created by Sensei Sean Connley who runs Kaisho Ju-Jitsu Ryu the Premier Martial Arts Club in Hertfordshire, Little Samurai Warriors is a martial arts and life skill programme for children aged between four to eight.
"I have been involved in martial arts for over 31 years, either learning, competing or teaching. With two small children of my own I realised that there was something missing from the way most martial arts are taught to young children.
"Most lessons are used to teach martial arts only but the founding principles of martial arts can be adapted to teach other life skills to kids such as anti bullying, self defence, stranger awareness, respect, focus, discipline, confidence and goal setting. If you can teach children these skills at an early age, combine them with fun and games then this helps them through a key development time."
Kaisho Ju-Jitsu Ryu was founded in 2007 by Sensei Connley and has rapidly grown with over 95 students in four different clubs ranging in age from four to 60.
Sean now holds training sessions at Crabtree School Harpenden, Wilbury School Letchworth, Beaumont School St Albans and Maulden School in Bedfordshire.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 3 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Preaching into Sermon of the Year finals
- 6 Call for Government to review district housing targets
- 7 St Albans care teams win big at annual awards ceremony
- 8 Churches group organises meeting for Ukrainians and host families
- 9 What the fox? Mystery shoe thief revealed!
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
Little Samurai Warriors is a programme created specifically for ages four to eight and uses martial arts techniques and games to help your child develop skill.
The curriculum also contains Little Samurai Warriors skills that are used to encourage and reinforce values.