Warn strikes for Park Street
Herts Senior County League Premier Division Park Street Village 1 Mill End Sports 1 GARY Warn scored a fine goal for Park Street Village on Saturday but it was not enough to secure three points against Mill End Sports at Toulmin Drive. A disappointing
Herts Senior County League Premier Division
Park Street Village 1 Mill End Sports 1
GARY Warn scored a fine goal for Park Street Village on Saturday but it was not enough to secure three points against Mill End Sports at Toulmin Drive.
A disappointing game was lit up by two fine goals with Warn surging through the midfield and cracking home a fine opening goal for PSV. Mill End replied with an equally impressive strike although boss Ryan Thompson was disappointed with the way his side defended. Thompson said: "The first half was really sloppy and lethargic. We picked up a bit in the second half. Chris Day was the best player with his determination and heart to win every game. We didn't close them down for their goal and they were the same with ours. Gary Warn ran half the length of the pitch and unleashed a stinging shot to score."
You may also want to watch:
Reserve duo Ricky Petts and Chris Mack stepped up to the first team and performed well. PSV start the defence of the Aubrey Cup on Saturday with a tough match against Cuffley in Round Two.
Aaron King scored a hat trick as PSV Reserves beat Baldock Town Reserves 6-1 in Reserve Division One last weekend.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25