Ward signs for City
Tom Ward has signed for St Albans City.
The 23-year-old defender joined the Saints on a one-month loan from Skrill North side Gainsborough Trinity in November but he has now made the move permanent.
Ward signed an 18 month contract today, keeping him at Clarence Park until the end of the 2014/15 season.
Joint manager james Gray said: “We’re delighted he’s signed for us. He’s been a rock for us and it’s good for the club to have someone who we can rely on.
“He’ll be a mainstay of the side and we’re looking strong defensively.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re pleased to welcome him aboard.”
Ward is not the only new face at City. Last week the club signed Dagenham’s Nathan Ferguson on loan - the time frame is “indefinite.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
“Dagenham speak highly of him,” Gray said.
“We’re happy to bring him in - he needs some experience - he’s definitely got something. Hopefully we can get the best out of him.
“He’s done well [against Redditch] and helped us win three points.”