Ward signs for City
Tom Ward has signed for St Albans City.
The 23-year-old defender joined the Saints on a one-month loan from Skrill North side Gainsborough Trinity in November but he has now made the move permanent.
Ward signed an 18 month contract today, keeping him at Clarence Park until the end of the 2014/15 season.
Joint manager james Gray said: “We’re delighted he’s signed for us. He’s been a rock for us and it’s good for the club to have someone who we can rely on.
“He’ll be a mainstay of the side and we’re looking strong defensively.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re pleased to welcome him aboard.”
Ward is not the only new face at City. Last week the club signed Dagenham’s Nathan Ferguson on loan - the time frame is “indefinite.”
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
“Dagenham speak highly of him,” Gray said.
“We’re happy to bring him in - he needs some experience - he’s definitely got something. Hopefully we can get the best out of him.
“He’s done well [against Redditch] and helped us win three points.”