Ward powers to St Albans Striders club record at Hatfield 5
- Credit: Archant
Anna Ward stood out of a sizeable turnout from St Albans Striders at the Hatfield 5 race by beating the club age group record for the distance.
She came home in 56th overall, and third in the ladies race, taking the record in the V35 category.
In total 72 Striders took part in the race between Hatfield and St Albans, with another 11 breaking personal bests.
Paul Adams was first Strider home in third followed by Rob Spencer in seventh and Jonathan Scott in ninth.
The next lady home was Heather Hann in 57th with Helen Cartlidge in 112th, which combined with Ward’s run gave the ladies the team prize.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere Andrew McKillop and Wai Meng Au-Yeong ran the Wendover Woods 50, McKillop clocking 10 hours six minutes for 37th overall, and Jack Brooks managed 4:45 at the Owler Trail Marathon in Kent, for second in his age group.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25