Ward powers to St Albans Striders club record at Hatfield 5
- Credit: Archant
Anna Ward stood out of a sizeable turnout from St Albans Striders at the Hatfield 5 race by beating the club age group record for the distance.
She came home in 56th overall, and third in the ladies race, taking the record in the V35 category.
In total 72 Striders took part in the race between Hatfield and St Albans, with another 11 breaking personal bests.
Paul Adams was first Strider home in third followed by Rob Spencer in seventh and Jonathan Scott in ninth.
The next lady home was Heather Hann in 57th with Helen Cartlidge in 112th, which combined with Ward’s run gave the ladies the team prize.
You may also want to watch:
Elsewhere Andrew McKillop and Wai Meng Au-Yeong ran the Wendover Woods 50, McKillop clocking 10 hours six minutes for 37th overall, and Jack Brooks managed 4:45 at the Owler Trail Marathon in Kent, for second in his age group.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 Freedom Day delay is a financial blow to local businesses
- 7 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans