Wanderers win seven-goal thriller
North & Mid Herts Division One Warriors 3 St Albans Wanderers 4 WANDERERS came out on top of this action packed game as the fans were treated to seven goals on Saturday. The visitors were first to settle and their early pressure brought a headed goal fro
North & Mid Herts Division One
Warriors 3 St Albans Wanderers 4
WANDERERS came out on top of this action packed game as the fans were treated to seven goals on Saturday.
The visitors were first to settle and their early pressure brought a headed goal from Ashley after ten minutes. Continued pressure brought more chances for the Wanderers, but all were spurned.
You may also want to watch:
Eventually, Warriors drew level through Jones and then went ahead through Eldridge just before half-time.
Wanderers returned after the break with renewed determination and within a few minutes had drawn level, when Attwood drove home a penalty awarded for handball.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
The goal gave them confidence and they took the lead through Francis, following a strong run.
However, Warriors were not finished and Eldridge added his second with about five minutes to go.
Despite this set-back, Wanderers continued to press forward, gaining a free-kick just inside the opposition half. This was chipped into the box by Attwood and driven into the top left-hand corner of the net by Man of the Match Ashley, for a deserved away win.
On Saturday, Wanderers entertain Inn on the Green, at Verulam.