Wanderers triumph in tight derby contest
North & Mid Herts Division One Kings Sports Reserves 0 St Albans Wanderers 1 GAMES between these local rivals are always close and last weekend s match was no exception. The first half was nip and tuck, with both sides making chances, only to be thwarted
North & Mid Herts Division One
Kings Sports Reserves 0 St Albans Wanderers 1
GAMES between these local rivals are always close and last weekend's match was no exception.
The first half was nip and tuck, with both sides making chances, only to be thwarted by good saves from the respective 'keepers.
You may also want to watch:
However, Wanderers gained the ascendancy in the second half, with Shaun Gibson winning the Man of the Match award.
It was Gibson who, on the hour mark, took off down the wing and put over a pin-point cross for Ollie Gent to fire home.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 4 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 5 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 6 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 No cars mean children can play out in streets
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Matthew Briggs played a captain's part, bossing the midfield for the Wanderers and Jonathan Gibbs was outstanding for Sports, but no more goals were forthcoming.
On Saturday, Wanderers entertain City Youth Disability at Westminster Lodge.