Wanderers thump Barmond
North & Mid Herts Football League Premier
St Albans Wanderers 8 Barmond 0
ST ALBANS Wanderers returned to winning ways in style on Saturday, when the swept aside Stevenage-based Barmond.
Richard Francis opened the scoring after 10 minutes, drilling home from close range. Shaun Gibson waltzed through the visitors’ defence five minutes later for the second goal and player-manager Tim Attwood made it 3-0 from the penalty spot just before the break.
Francis began the second half in identical fashion to the first, firing home the fourth, before Harry Honeywood also helped himself to a brace, either side of a clinical strike from Jake Attwood.
Andy Upwood completed the scoring, curling in from just inside the penalty area.
Wanderers now travel to Hitchin for their next league game, against City Hearts.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 3 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 4 The Hairy Bikers set to ride into St Albans for this year's Pub in the Park festival
- 5 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 6 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 7 The Zombies postpone forthcoming Harpenden tour dates to 2023
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 Council confirms which Local Plan sites will be dropped
- 10 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close