Wanderers thump Barmond
North & Mid Herts Football League Premier
St Albans Wanderers 8 Barmond 0
ST ALBANS Wanderers returned to winning ways in style on Saturday, when the swept aside Stevenage-based Barmond.
Richard Francis opened the scoring after 10 minutes, drilling home from close range. Shaun Gibson waltzed through the visitors’ defence five minutes later for the second goal and player-manager Tim Attwood made it 3-0 from the penalty spot just before the break.
Francis began the second half in identical fashion to the first, firing home the fourth, before Harry Honeywood also helped himself to a brace, either side of a clinical strike from Jake Attwood.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Upwood completed the scoring, curling in from just inside the penalty area.
Wanderers now travel to Hitchin for their next league game, against City Hearts.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 4 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 An old friend returns after 30 years
- 9 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 10 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden