North & Mid Herts League Division One St Albans Wanderers 2 St Ippolyts 5 DESPITE a positive approach throughout, the home team were punished for their own profligate finishing by a visiting side who took all their chances. The Wanderers started well, pas
North & Mid Herts League Division One
St Albans Wanderers 2 St Ippolyts 5
DESPITE a positive approach throughout, the home team were punished for their own profligate finishing by a visiting side who took all their chances.
The Wanderers started well, passing the ball easily through the opposition ranks. However, they were unable to convert their superiority into goals.
You may also want to watch:
Four good opportunities were spurned before St Ippolyts took the lead through their best player, Gary Wallace, who hit a dipping shot from 25 yards.
As Wanderers continued to press forward, Wallace again scored from outside the box; this time from a free kick.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 8 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 9 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
The visitors increased their lead - through Gary Andrew Bliss after the break, before Wanderers pulled two back through Carl Fadhel and Steve Owen.
As Wanderers pressed for an equaliser, they were hit with a sucker punch, scored by Trevor Long and the fifth followed with time running out.
Wanderers visit lowly Bedwell this Saturday, hoping for some Christmas cheer.