North & Mid Herts League Division One St Albans Wanderers 2 St Ippolyts 5 DESPITE a positive approach throughout, the home team were punished for their own profligate finishing by a visiting side who took all their chances. The Wanderers started well, pas
North & Mid Herts League Division One
St Albans Wanderers 2 St Ippolyts 5
DESPITE a positive approach throughout, the home team were punished for their own profligate finishing by a visiting side who took all their chances.
The Wanderers started well, passing the ball easily through the opposition ranks. However, they were unable to convert their superiority into goals.
Four good opportunities were spurned before St Ippolyts took the lead through their best player, Gary Wallace, who hit a dipping shot from 25 yards.
As Wanderers continued to press forward, Wallace again scored from outside the box; this time from a free kick.
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 6 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 7 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 9 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 10 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
The visitors increased their lead - through Gary Andrew Bliss after the break, before Wanderers pulled two back through Carl Fadhel and Steve Owen.
As Wanderers pressed for an equaliser, they were hit with a sucker punch, scored by Trevor Long and the fifth followed with time running out.
Wanderers visit lowly Bedwell this Saturday, hoping for some Christmas cheer.