Vultures wrap up League title
Harpenden Colts Vultures clinch WFL Under 18s Yellow Division
Harpenden Colts Vultures clinched the WFL Under 18s Yellow Division title with a convincing 8-1 win at home against Evergreen Juniors.
The Boys needed a good start and dominated a good game scoring regularly during the first half.
Jared Cave scored a first half hat-trick confirming him as the Golden Boot winner for the year and defender Matthew White blasted in a spot kick.
Adam Harris scored another two from midfield and Charlie Marchon scored a screamer form 25-yards. Evergreen Juniors did score a goal with five minutes left but it was too late to stop the Vultures taking the title.
You may also want to watch:
Martin White the manager said afterwards: “I am really proud that a team of 90% 17-year-olds could come into an under 18 league and play so well, we have played at times some really wonderful football and hope that next year as most of the squad will be staying together that we will be able to compete again. Come on the Vultures.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years