Vultures wrap up League title
Harpenden Colts Vultures clinch WFL Under 18s Yellow Division
Harpenden Colts Vultures clinched the WFL Under 18s Yellow Division title with a convincing 8-1 win at home against Evergreen Juniors.
The Boys needed a good start and dominated a good game scoring regularly during the first half.
Jared Cave scored a first half hat-trick confirming him as the Golden Boot winner for the year and defender Matthew White blasted in a spot kick.
Adam Harris scored another two from midfield and Charlie Marchon scored a screamer form 25-yards. Evergreen Juniors did score a goal with five minutes left but it was too late to stop the Vultures taking the title.
You may also want to watch:
Martin White the manager said afterwards: “I am really proud that a team of 90% 17-year-olds could come into an under 18 league and play so well, we have played at times some really wonderful football and hope that next year as most of the squad will be staying together that we will be able to compete again. Come on the Vultures.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 7 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'