Viva Harpenden as juniors enjoy successful rugby tournament in Spain
- Credit: Archant
Two teams from Harpenden Rugby Club took the now traditional trip to northern Spain to take part in a rugby tournament
The U12 and U15 squads, totalling 31 players and 35 parents travelled to Gijon for the event hosted by Calzada RFC and featuring three other sides from Spain.
It was the fifth time they have gone on the trip organised by Aurora and Guy Gonzalez Thomas.
Aurora, who is originally from Gijon but has lived in the UK for 26 years, started the trips for their children Carlo, Leticia and Bruno.
Following a few days of practice on the beach, the teams played a full day of tournament rugby before heading home a day later. And both teams were successful, winning all their games and having a great time along the way.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s juniors have struck up a great friendship with Spanish rugby over the past few years with the CRC Madrid team visitors to Harpenden earlier this year.
- 1 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 11 of St Albans' prettiest streets
- 4 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 5 Anti-vaxers condemned for intimidating behaviour and dangerous posters
- 6 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 Foodies lap up tastes of Harpenden
- 9 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works