Viva Harpenden as juniors enjoy successful rugby tournament in Spain
- Credit: Archant
Two teams from Harpenden Rugby Club took the now traditional trip to northern Spain to take part in a rugby tournament
The U12 and U15 squads, totalling 31 players and 35 parents travelled to Gijon for the event hosted by Calzada RFC and featuring three other sides from Spain.
It was the fifth time they have gone on the trip organised by Aurora and Guy Gonzalez Thomas.
Aurora, who is originally from Gijon but has lived in the UK for 26 years, started the trips for their children Carlo, Leticia and Bruno.
Following a few days of practice on the beach, the teams played a full day of tournament rugby before heading home a day later. And both teams were successful, winning all their games and having a great time along the way.
You may also want to watch:
The club’s juniors have struck up a great friendship with Spanish rugby over the past few years with the CRC Madrid team visitors to Harpenden earlier this year.
- 1 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 2 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 3 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 7 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 8 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack