Viva Harpenden as juniors enjoy successful rugby tournament in Spain
- Credit: Archant
Two teams from Harpenden Rugby Club took the now traditional trip to northern Spain to take part in a rugby tournament
The U12 and U15 squads, totalling 31 players and 35 parents travelled to Gijon for the event hosted by Calzada RFC and featuring three other sides from Spain.
It was the fifth time they have gone on the trip organised by Aurora and Guy Gonzalez Thomas.
Aurora, who is originally from Gijon but has lived in the UK for 26 years, started the trips for their children Carlo, Leticia and Bruno.
Following a few days of practice on the beach, the teams played a full day of tournament rugby before heading home a day later. And both teams were successful, winning all their games and having a great time along the way.
The club’s juniors have struck up a great friendship with Spanish rugby over the past few years with the CRC Madrid team visitors to Harpenden earlier this year.
- 1 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 2 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 6 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 7 Saints respond to Cheshunt shocker with hard-fought draw at Chelmsford
- 8 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
- 9 Allinson happy with the reaction from St Albans City in the draw at Chelmsford
- 10 St Albans recycling heroes raise £28K for hospice