Vision outclass Blackberry Jack

Herts Advertiser Sunday League round-up

Herts Advertiser Knockout Cup

Blackberry Jack suffered a heavy 7-1 defeat to Vision on Sunday, despite taking the lead through Paul Adams. However Vision came back strongly through goals from Joel Norris (hat-trick), Carl Costain, Ethan Hughes, Liam Crouch and Zack Wallace.

Premier Division

Two goals from Chris Cutmore and a Jimmy Hill single gave AFC Rangers their first win, overcoming London Road 3-2. Sean Kidd and Winston Taylor replied with Road’s goals.

Champions Nicholas Breakspear OB staked their claim to retain the title when defeating last season’s runners-up Skew Bridge 4-0 with two goals from Man of the Match Danny Fitzgerald, and singles from David Parkinson and Mike Devine.

Two goals from Seb Thomas and Marc Addlesee and Liam Addlesee singles gave Phoenix a 4-2 win against promoted Verulam Arms.

Most Read

Division One

Brookmans Park recorded their first win of the season with a 4-3 defeat of Oaks. Danny Webb and Grant Noble put Park 2-1 up and then Adam Davies blasted a 25-yarder in to restore the lead at 3-2 only for another equaliser to go in when Oaks Man of the Match completed his hat-trick. Grant Noble scored the fourth with two minutes remaining.

Harpenden Arms Athletic beat FC Potters Bar 3-2, with the opening goal from Tom Collin coming after 10 minutes. This was followed up with a far post headed goal by Andy Finlay. Potters Bar then got there game going and pulled the score back level by the break.

However Collin grabbed his second after the break to seal the victory.

Queens Head Sandridge got back to winning ways with a hard fought 3-2 victory against a strong Bradmore Rovers. It was against the run of play that Bradmore took the lead through Glenn Mair but within five minutes Queens were level through Phil Turner.

Bradmore once again took the lead through Elliott Wakefield before Matt Corran equalised from the penalty spot. With a minute remaining Lee Rickard flicked the ball over his shoulder to Matthew Monhon who headed the winner.

Division Two

Insurance Store had to come from two Jack Lovett goals down to win a 3-2 five goal thriller against Beaver Travel. Store gave themselves hope through Cesar Da Silva’s strike before the same player bundled the ball over the line in the second half to restore parity.

From then on Insurance Store looked the stronger team and most likely to get a winner, they had to wait until the 86th minute when Winter grabbed a superb winner. New signing Chit Chitondo was instrumental in the build up with some brilliant play, the ball finally fell to Winter who calmly slotted the ball home from 25 yards.

Phoenix Res picked up their first three points of the season, defeating Colney Heath Rangers 3-1 with goals from Paul Leal, Adam Potter and Sean Gibson. Ian Hutchinson replied for Rangers.

In what was Adam Smith’s last game for Skew Bridge Res, they put in a fantastic team performance to overhaul one of the title favourites PSV 8-0. Jake McLean in goal was superb, George Naismith dominated midfield and Adam Facer terrorised the opposition defence as Tom Clark scored the goal of the game.

Other goals came from a Stephen Harris hat-trick, a James Elliott brace and singles from Adam Facer and Adam Smith.

Wheathampstead Icarus goalkeeper Mark Winchester put in a stunning display between the sticks against Church End to lead them to their first victory. Goals from John Bonner-May and Michael Pontin both scored with 30 yard efforts. A deflected James Crane free kick briefly levelled the game and despite dominating the second half Church were unable to beat a superb Icarus keeper who was clear Man of the Match.

Division Three

Precision won a close encounter 4-3 against Colney Heath Rangers Res, with their never say die attitude helping them grab a last minute winner through Chris Wickens. Steve Seeby powered them in front before Colney Heath went into a 2-1 lead. A good passing move got The Seeds level before half time through Chris Dundon, who then put them 3-2 ahead with a powerful header from close range.

Colney Heath deservedly levelled before an inspired substitution bringing 17-year-old Jack Woods into the game, he danced through three players before setting up Chris Wickens to tap in with two minutes left on the clock.

Blacksmith’s Arms scored five for the second consecutive week as they ran out 5-1 winners against a spirited Brookmans Park Res side. Ollie Franks opened the scoring with a 35-yard thunder bolt before adding to his tally midway through the second half. Man of the match Rhys Jacob rounded the keeper to make it 3-0 before Tim Attwood made it two successful penalties in as many games. A quite remarkable solo effort saw Aidan Golds beat five Park defenders and lash home for 5-0 before a late Joe Cullum consolation goal for Brookmans Park Res.

A goal either side of half-time by Kenny Barber and Joe Geddes gave O’Neills their second win of the season when defeating Old Albanians 2-1.

Nicholas Breakspear OB Res recovered from last week’s defeat to overcome Queens Head Sandridge Res 4-1 with goals by Ollie Giles, Tom Gassar, Kurtis Patterson and Paul Doonan.

St Albans IFC recorded a good 3-0 win against Wheathampstead ‘89. Mario Concialdi set-up Jason Nicolaou in for the first, before Mitch Newson doubled the lead from the penalty spot. In the second half Nicolaou scored again with a neat finish from a Rob Merlini through ball.

An own goal plus two efforts from man of the match Ross Ypey couldn’t save White Horse going down 4-3 against Radlett Village.

Division Four

A solid performance from Harpenden Colts OB Res and a hat-trick from man of the match Joe Bray saw them overcome a resolute Marquis of Granby side 4-1. Joe Bray netted his second hat trick of the season.

A lapse in concentration five minutes into the second half saw the Marquis pull a goal back to 2-1 through Tom Mackie, but an invigorated response saw Colts pull further ahead by an unselfish Andy Shirra setting up Bray for his third goal. Ten minutes from time a poorly defended corner allowed debutant Joe Harriman to seal the victory with the fourth Colt’s goal.

Brookmans Park A were always behind against Marshalswick Rovers but felt they were still in it at 4-2, however late goals made the 8-2 score a bit harsh on Park whose goals came from Gary Prime and Matt Bennett. Star man for Marshalswick was striker Alastair Bart who scored five goals and picked up their Man of the Match award. Adam Woodward scored two and Gary Hitchin competed the tally.

White Horse Res bounced back from their opening day defeat to record their first win of the season with a solid 2-1 win over Oaks Reserves. An early Jamie Cunnington strike was enough to separate the two teams going in to half time before Chris Green made it two.

Oaks never really threaten the away goal, however with 20 minutes to go the home side scored from a Chris Gunning free kick for the game to finish 2-1.

Dukes lost to Vision Res 3-0. Vision’s goals came from a Daniel Jones brace and Felipe Gondek single.

After a poor opening game, The Ridge’s season took off with a hard fought, well deserved 2-1 victory over St Albans Royals. A great strike following a fine run by left back Andy Kennedy edge ridge ahead. They then doubled their advantage with a stunning strike by Diane Foster. Adam Sims pulled a goal back for Royals.

Cottonmill fell to a 4-2 defeat against Raiders, Mills goals came though Nathan Ringel and Darren Weir. Tim Couch was the pick of the Mill team.

Division Five

Newcomers the George Redbourn beat Wheathampstead Res 7-1 with Jimmy Lacey unstoppable up front scoring four goals. Other goalscorers were Dan Boucher, Andy Crump, Simon Skeggs, Mark Sawyer. Sean McKay replied for Wheathampstead.

Despite an early disallowed goal, AFC Mymms battled to a 4-2 win against Athletico Quat. Mymms goals came from Mark Sawyer, Simon Skeggs, Andy Crump and Dan Boucher.

Camp KBK drew 1-1 with St Albans IFC Res. John Thompson scored for Camp while Dean Jones scored a penalty to earn his side a point.

Greenwood Park continued their good start to the season with a hard fought 4-2 win against Herts Athletic. Goals came from a Matt Thorn brace and Matt Hedges and Michael Kwok singles. Darren Foster was Athletic’s Man of the Match and goals came from Joe Meija Chris Wilding.

Although putting up a better performance than last week Bricket Wood fell to a 4-1 defeat against Bradmore Rovers Res. Tom Boylan netted for the Wood

Despite a stunning performance by goalscorer and man of the match Maxwell Parsons, Jersey Farm fell to a 4-1 defeat at the hands of Phoenix A. Phoenix goalscorers were Jack Irish with a brace, Sam Bozier and Daniel Bozier.