VIDEO: See Saints’ goal of the season
- Credit: Archant
RICHARD Graham was named City’s Player of the Year at the annual award ceremony on Saturday.
Following Saints’ 3-0 win over Bedworth United, the club’s joint owner Lawrence Levy presented the Northern Irishman with the award.
Joint boss James Gray said Graham was a worthy winner.
“He’s been superb, and a joy to work with since Graham [Golds] and I took over,” he said.
“He wasn’t brought in by us but he stuck around when everyone was leaving and he has done a great job. He has great ability – everyone in the stands knows that, it’s just a case of getting that out of him week in, week out.
You may also want to watch:
“He knits us together and he’s a player we’ll use to push us up the league next season.”
Greg Ngoyi was named Players’ Player of the Year and Layne Eadie walked away with goal of the season for his strike against Chesham on January 1. Watch the video above to see Eadie’s award winning goal.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant