VIDEO: Saints continue promotion march with Frome win
- Credit: Archant
SAINTS built on the success of Saturday’s win with a 3-0 victory over Frome Town.
Chris Seeby opened the scoring for the second match in a row before Chris Henry continued his fine form - he has scored four in three games - to double the lead just after half time. James Comley added a third just before the final whistle to send the three points back to Clarence Park.
Saints had to weather a Frome storm early on as Nick Jupp found his goal under pressure. Truth be told Frome should have opened the scoring but in the 29th minute Saints spun the game in their favour.
A spell of pressure saw Saints players lining up to hit the net. A half clearance was put back into the box by Comley for Seeby on the right, who chested the ball down before firing a half volley across the ‘keeper and into the net.
Frome had a chance to equalise before half time but Mike Perrott’s glancing header from eight yards out found Jupp’s grateful gloves.
You may also want to watch:
The lead was doubled by Henry on 50 minutes. The pacey winger received the ball from Josh Urquhart and, despite a wayward first touch, Henry wrapped his foot around the ball and fired into the top corner.
Saints’ third goal was a defensive mishap, allowing Comley to walk the ball into the net, sealing a comfortable win.
- 1 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 2 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 7 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Shortages crisis hits district
City are back in action on Saturday when they travel to Weymouth, who sit directly below them in the Evo-Stik Southern Premier League, before welcoming Gosport Borough to Clarence Park on Tuesday night (February 26).