Victory sees Saints run in seven tries
- Credit: Archant
St Albans RFC entertained Staines in a London NW3 clash that saw the home side consolidate their league position with a competitive 46-29 victory.
The game, like their previous encounter this season, was a high scoring affair with Saints running in seven tries to the visitors five.
Those St Albans players who touched down were Fraser Morris, Joe Shaw, David Jones, Sam Millicheap, Jake Mounsdon, Jeremy Walmsley and Ryan Holt.
It was a more balanced display from St Albans than the previous week, and the introduction of Millicheap at fly-half added fluidity and purpose to the back line, as well kicking accomplishment.
Newcomers Tim Dore and Foster Kavanagh had impressive debuts, but Joe Shaw was man of the match.
You may also want to watch:
Saints showed they have the ability to play 15-man rugby, but must focus upon closing the game out and consolidating their advantage.
Staines to their credit were never out of this game, and their fullback Andre Thomas-Richards is a potent force given the space to run.
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 5 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 8 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 9 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 10 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
St Albans now have a free weekend before travelling away to Kilburn Cosmos on March 4.