Victory sees Saints run in seven tries
- Credit: Archant
St Albans RFC entertained Staines in a London NW3 clash that saw the home side consolidate their league position with a competitive 46-29 victory.
The game, like their previous encounter this season, was a high scoring affair with Saints running in seven tries to the visitors five.
Those St Albans players who touched down were Fraser Morris, Joe Shaw, David Jones, Sam Millicheap, Jake Mounsdon, Jeremy Walmsley and Ryan Holt.
It was a more balanced display from St Albans than the previous week, and the introduction of Millicheap at fly-half added fluidity and purpose to the back line, as well kicking accomplishment.
Newcomers Tim Dore and Foster Kavanagh had impressive debuts, but Joe Shaw was man of the match.
You may also want to watch:
Saints showed they have the ability to play 15-man rugby, but must focus upon closing the game out and consolidating their advantage.
Staines to their credit were never out of this game, and their fullback Andre Thomas-Richards is a potent force given the space to run.
- 1 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 8 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 9 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 10 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
St Albans now have a free weekend before travelling away to Kilburn Cosmos on March 4.