Day to forget for Verulamians in Hendon mauling
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians suffered a horrible day at the office as they fell to a 76-0 loss away to Hendon.
It was Vees' third straight loss of the new Herts Middlesex Division One season, the last two of which have come against two of the top three.
This one simply extended the north London side's hold on the top of the table.
Conditions were just about ideal and the home side used that knowledge as well as their confident and squad to stretch Verulamians to breaking point.
They were the usual valiant displays from the likes of Oli Askew-Fountain, Jack Hegarty, Gregor McKay, Joe Breeze and Darren Westhead but by half-time Hendon had secured their bonus point and built up a 27-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
And with injuries hampering the visiting attempts to fight back, Hendon ran in another 49 points to leave Vees reeling.
They host Barnet Elizabethans on Saturday.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 Second chance at life for transplant patient