Day to forget for Verulamians in Hendon mauling
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians suffered a horrible day at the office as they fell to a 76-0 loss away to Hendon.
It was Vees' third straight loss of the new Herts Middlesex Division One season, the last two of which have come against two of the top three.
This one simply extended the north London side's hold on the top of the table.
Conditions were just about ideal and the home side used that knowledge as well as their confident and squad to stretch Verulamians to breaking point.
They were the usual valiant displays from the likes of Oli Askew-Fountain, Jack Hegarty, Gregor McKay, Joe Breeze and Darren Westhead but by half-time Hendon had secured their bonus point and built up a 27-0 lead.
You may also want to watch:
And with injuries hampering the visiting attempts to fight back, Hendon ran in another 49 points to leave Vees reeling.
They host Barnet Elizabethans on Saturday.
- 1 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 4 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 5 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 6 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 7 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works