Verulamians sting Wasps to keep undefeated record going
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians made it nine wins in a row with a 55-9 demolition of Wasps to cement their position at the top of Herts Middlesex One.
Despite a weekend off last Saturday, Vees showed no signs of rustiness, running in nine tries in total.
Five of them came in the first half as Joe Seymour and Bradley Bruce grabbed two each and Eion Aherne one.
Bruce completed his hat-trick in the second period, Aherne added a second and Tom Maile and Ross Graham completed the scoring.
George Harding added conversions to five of them.
You may also want to watch:
This was Vees at their entertaining best.
Once again the sharp-edged incisiveness of their talented back division was backed up by the pack’s hunger to secure loose ball.
- 1 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 4 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 SustFest hosting Open Food Gardens event across district
It provided the plentiful travelling support with exciting open play and rugged mauling.
The try of the day came with around 15 minutes to go, with some in attendance saying it was reminiscent of the great Gareth Edwards try for the Barbarians against New Zealand.
Gareth Walters secured the ball close to Vees’ try-line and set-off on a weaving run up the field before finding Aherne who out-paced the cover defence to score in the corner.
Graham’s try caused a serious injury to one of the Wasps’ players bringing a slightly premature end to the game.
But Verulamians will still go into Saturday’s contest with London Welsh Druids at Cotlandswick with plenty of confidence.