Verulamians bow out with loss to Kilburn but with plenty of promise for next year
- Credit: Archant
A difficult season for Verulamians ended in another defeat – but the 55-17 loss against Kilburn Cosmos did show signs of better fortune ahead.
Eighteen months ago Vees were challenging at the top of London Three North West but with the loss of several players to other clubs and injury meant they have struggled to even raise a second team.
But there is a crop of very talented youngsters coming through, among them Tom Shenton, Sam Beaton, Robert Campbell and Joe Breeze.
Shenton was one of the three try-scorers against Kilburn with David Coyle and Tadgh O’Donovan also crossing the line.
Fergus Naish was also outstanding.
You may also want to watch:
They, along with the return of Josh and Jake Lawrence and the motivational powers of Darren Westhead, Tim Fretter, James Hayes and Cameron Craig, could prove crucial next season.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
- 10 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award