Verulamians ready for Saracens date after crushing win over UCSOB
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians Rugby Club warmed up for their Presidents’ Trophy Final with a stunning 71-30 win over UCS Old Boys.
Last weekend’s win came in the club’s final game of the Herts Middlesex Division One season and leaves Vees in fourth position.
They finish their year off at Allianz Park, the home of Saracens, on Saturday when they face Watford in an 11am kick-off.
And if this result and performance are anything to go by, it all augers well for the final.
Vees handed out a lesson in tenacious, incisive back play and with an all conquering line–out they presented the opposition with a tough ask from the off.
Tries were numerous.
Wing Sam Allen collected his normal flyer, man of the match Cameron Craig crafted two, Tim Rangihuna after two unbelievable close contact side steps set up Sam Townsend, Jack Alyson at fly–half scorched over for another after a deft chip and Eion Aherne slid through for his.
- 1 Man arrested following alleged St Albans M&S theft
- 2 Woman in her 70s victim of St Albans 'distraction theft'
- 3 Dog owner avoids jail after hitting pet so hard that wooden pole snaps
- 4 Harpenden residents hit back at Green Belt homes bid
- 5 St Albans Post Office branch re-opening after three years
- 6 Local NHS111 service provider to handle minor injuries at St Albans City Hospital
- 7 Recap: Lorry catches fire on M25 in Hertfordshire
- 8 Day of fundraising for No Floor No More campaign
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
Ben Russell, Mike Ainsworth, Josh Lawrence and Gareth Waters completed the rout with Alex Ricci adding 16 points in conversions.
For those not travelling to the game on Saturday, follow @hertsadsport on Twitter for full, live coverage of the final.