Verulamians ready for Saracens date after crushing win over UCSOB
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians Rugby Club warmed up for their Presidents’ Trophy Final with a stunning 71-30 win over UCS Old Boys.
Last weekend’s win came in the club’s final game of the Herts Middlesex Division One season and leaves Vees in fourth position.
They finish their year off at Allianz Park, the home of Saracens, on Saturday when they face Watford in an 11am kick-off.
And if this result and performance are anything to go by, it all augers well for the final.
Vees handed out a lesson in tenacious, incisive back play and with an all conquering line–out they presented the opposition with a tough ask from the off.
You may also want to watch:
Tries were numerous.
Wing Sam Allen collected his normal flyer, man of the match Cameron Craig crafted two, Tim Rangihuna after two unbelievable close contact side steps set up Sam Townsend, Jack Alyson at fly–half scorched over for another after a deft chip and Eion Aherne slid through for his.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 3 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 4 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 5 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 6 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 7 Church unveils new eco-garden to support wildlife in St Albans
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 9 Remembering Morris Minor Owners Club treasurer and St Albans stalwart
- 10 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
Ben Russell, Mike Ainsworth, Josh Lawrence and Gareth Waters completed the rout with Alex Ricci adding 16 points in conversions.
For those not travelling to the game on Saturday, follow @hertsadsport on Twitter for full, live coverage of the final.