Verulamians ready for Saracens date after crushing win over UCSOB
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians Rugby Club warmed up for their Presidents’ Trophy Final with a stunning 71-30 win over UCS Old Boys.
Last weekend’s win came in the club’s final game of the Herts Middlesex Division One season and leaves Vees in fourth position.
They finish their year off at Allianz Park, the home of Saracens, on Saturday when they face Watford in an 11am kick-off.
And if this result and performance are anything to go by, it all augers well for the final.
Vees handed out a lesson in tenacious, incisive back play and with an all conquering line–out they presented the opposition with a tough ask from the off.
Tries were numerous.
Wing Sam Allen collected his normal flyer, man of the match Cameron Craig crafted two, Tim Rangihuna after two unbelievable close contact side steps set up Sam Townsend, Jack Alyson at fly–half scorched over for another after a deft chip and Eion Aherne slid through for his.
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 8 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
Ben Russell, Mike Ainsworth, Josh Lawrence and Gareth Waters completed the rout with Alex Ricci adding 16 points in conversions.
For those not travelling to the game on Saturday, follow @hertsadsport on Twitter for full, live coverage of the final.