Verulamians ready for a even more successful season
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians Rugby Club are looking to go one step further this season after a fairly successful year last time out.
They picked up the Herts President’s Trophy with a comprehensive victory over Watford at Saracens’ Allianz Park in April but fell just short of promotion from Herts Middlesex One.
That will be the goal for the first team, which is still captained by James Hayes, but is now under the stewardship of new caoch, Sam Townsend.
Their season opens with a home game against Old Actonians tomorrow (Saturday) with a 3pm kick-off.
And there will be plenty of action at Cotlandswick this weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The seconds are also at home tomorrow when they face Chesham and on Sunday the mini and junior section hold part two of their registration day.
And the club are anticipating an increase on last year’s numbers that amounted to around 250.
- 1 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 2 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 3 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 4 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 5 Harpenden retailers call on county to end town centre road closures
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
That figure is spread across all ages from six to 17 and there is plenty of room to accept more aspiring rugby players.
With numerous qualified coaches and medically trained people to watch over everyone’s welfare, parents can also take advantage of the facilities in the comfortable clubroom.