Verulamians powerless to stop Datchworth from claiming promotion
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians were unable to stop a determined Datchworth from sealing promotion after succumbing to a 66-7 loss.
The Villagers bagged 10 tries in total, with Sam Brunton in metronomic form with the boot as he converted eight of them.
It was a deserved promotion for Datch who along with London Welsh have been the stand-out performers in London Three North West this season.
And it was never in doubt after they went at almost a point a minute for the opening 30 minutes.
However, Vees still have plenty of fight in them despite a difficult year and they were rewarded before half time with a try from Tim Fretter.
You may also want to watch:
And they kept the hosts out for a good 20 minutes after the break until superior fitness and clinical scoring finished the contest off.
Verulamians will look to finish their season off on a high note when they host Kilburn Cosmos in a 3pm kick-off at Cotlandswick on Saturday.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 9 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor