Verulamians powerless to stop Datchworth from claiming promotion
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians were unable to stop a determined Datchworth from sealing promotion after succumbing to a 66-7 loss.
The Villagers bagged 10 tries in total, with Sam Brunton in metronomic form with the boot as he converted eight of them.
It was a deserved promotion for Datch who along with London Welsh have been the stand-out performers in London Three North West this season.
And it was never in doubt after they went at almost a point a minute for the opening 30 minutes.
However, Vees still have plenty of fight in them despite a difficult year and they were rewarded before half time with a try from Tim Fretter.
You may also want to watch:
And they kept the hosts out for a good 20 minutes after the break until superior fitness and clinical scoring finished the contest off.
Verulamians will look to finish their season off on a high note when they host Kilburn Cosmos in a 3pm kick-off at Cotlandswick on Saturday.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans