Verulamians continue to struggle as youthful Wasps put them to the sword
- Credit: Archant
Another poor result keeps Verulamians firmly in the mire at the bottom of Herts Middlesex Division One.
This latest setback came in a 62-14 loss at Wasps FC, their fifth from the opening five league games.
Two tries and a penalty leaked in the opening 15 minutes set the tone and the mood was darkened further by injuries to scrum-half Joe Breeze and our player-coach Sam Perry.
And a youthful Wasps side continued to utilise their superior fitness to stride to a 24-7 lead by half-time.
The one bright spot for Vees was that converted try, scored by Jack Hegarty who outstripped the Wasps defence with a charge down the middle of the pitch.
You may also want to watch:
A brief flourish of early second-half pressure narrowed the gap further as Ollie Askew-Fountain got another converted score but it proved to be the last hurrah as Wasps ran riot after that.
Vees go to UCSOB on Saturday in a huge game at the bottom of the table.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 6 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 7 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 8 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 9 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre