Verulamians hoping for promotion to top last year’s successes
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians Rugby Club have set their sights on going one better than last year – with promotion being top of the list.
The Cotlandswick club have managed to retain the majority of last year’s squad which finished fourth in Herts Middlesex One and won the Herts Presidents’ Trophy.
James Hayes and Sam Richmond will take the helm of the first and second teams with Sam Townsend becoming player-coach following the departure of Tom Ross.
The new coach said: “I will convert personal commitment into winning teams. Last year the players showed they have the drive to achieve and now this will be converted into results.”
Pre-season training will take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings starting tonight (Thursday) at 7.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
All members, both existing and new are welcome to come down with the club hoping to field a regular third side if there are the numbers.
Ian Graham will continue as chairman and John White as president while Angela Clifford will hope to continue the success at mini and junior level.
- 1 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 2 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 3 Aboyne Lodge celebrates new headteacher and revamp
- 4 St Albans street remembers sacrifices of WWI heroes
- 5 St Albans City get the FA Cup train moving with replay success over Concord
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 Market trader pledges to shave beard for new St Albans recovery home
- 8 Appeal for witnesses after fatal road accident
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 No cars mean children can play out in streets
The club were one of many across the country that took part in the NatWest Rugby Force weekend.
Volunteers and club members helped to spruce up the clubhouse with the help of the RFU and NatWest.