Verulamians hoping for promotion to top last year’s successes
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians Rugby Club have set their sights on going one better than last year – with promotion being top of the list.
The Cotlandswick club have managed to retain the majority of last year’s squad which finished fourth in Herts Middlesex One and won the Herts Presidents’ Trophy.
James Hayes and Sam Richmond will take the helm of the first and second teams with Sam Townsend becoming player-coach following the departure of Tom Ross.
The new coach said: “I will convert personal commitment into winning teams. Last year the players showed they have the drive to achieve and now this will be converted into results.”
Pre-season training will take place on Tuesday and Thursday evenings starting tonight (Thursday) at 7.15pm.
You may also want to watch:
All members, both existing and new are welcome to come down with the club hoping to field a regular third side if there are the numbers.
Ian Graham will continue as chairman and John White as president while Angela Clifford will hope to continue the success at mini and junior level.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
The club were one of many across the country that took part in the NatWest Rugby Force weekend.
Volunteers and club members helped to spruce up the clubhouse with the help of the RFU and NatWest.