Verulamians go try crazy in Hillingdon Abbots romp
Verulamians Rugby Club ran in 14 tries as they recorded an 83-15 victory over Hillingdon Abbots – their sixth straight win in this Herts Middlesex One season.
George Irwin led the way with five while Josh Lawrence got three.
Adam Rees, Mike Ainsworth, Jake McLoughlan, Sam Townsend and Philippe Derringer got the others.
Hillingdon, to their credit, made a contest of it for 50 minutes and fully merited their three unconverted replies.
But their stretched defence and close quarter tackling could not contain the fast-flowing interpassing of Vees, who racked up 60 points in the closing 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The two new reserve players, Elliott Poulet and McLoughlan, both injected pace and tackling tenacity and will help insure further progress towards Verulamians’ objective for the season of winning the league and gaining promotion.
Vees host Saracens Amateurs at Cotlandswick this Saturday.
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 3 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Lease up for grabs on vacant Batchwood Hall building
- 6 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 9 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 10 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza