Verulamians go try crazy in Hillingdon Abbots romp
Verulamians Rugby Club ran in 14 tries as they recorded an 83-15 victory over Hillingdon Abbots – their sixth straight win in this Herts Middlesex One season.
George Irwin led the way with five while Josh Lawrence got three.
Adam Rees, Mike Ainsworth, Jake McLoughlan, Sam Townsend and Philippe Derringer got the others.
Hillingdon, to their credit, made a contest of it for 50 minutes and fully merited their three unconverted replies.
But their stretched defence and close quarter tackling could not contain the fast-flowing interpassing of Vees, who racked up 60 points in the closing 30 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
The two new reserve players, Elliott Poulet and McLoughlan, both injected pace and tackling tenacity and will help insure further progress towards Verulamians’ objective for the season of winning the league and gaining promotion.
Vees host Saracens Amateurs at Cotlandswick this Saturday.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved