Verulamians get back on board the winning train with UCSOB thrashing
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians returned to winning ways with a 71-5 demolition of a plucky UCS Old Boys.
The Cotlandswick-based rugby club lost the lead of Herts Middlesex One with their 21-20 reverse to Old Streetonians last week but this victory saw them back to their best, making the correct, strategic decisions throughout the 80 minutes.
Their half-backs soon realised that the wide areas were where they would have the most success and so it proved as the hard, varied lines of running from the Vees’ back division would eventually shred the visitors’ defence.
UCSOB did have a spell at the start of the second half when they grabbed their only score but Vees rarley let up, leading 38-0 at half-time and extending that after the break.
In total there were 11 tries, eight of which were converted by George Harding.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Seymour led the way on the scoring charts with a hat-trick while Sam Townsend and Ben Fuller each got a brace.
Harry Mack, Joe Baker, Mike Ainsworth and Cameron Craig completed the rout.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 10 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
Vees next game is on January 28 away to Hendon.