Verulamians get back on board the winning train with UCSOB thrashing
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians returned to winning ways with a 71-5 demolition of a plucky UCS Old Boys.
The Cotlandswick-based rugby club lost the lead of Herts Middlesex One with their 21-20 reverse to Old Streetonians last week but this victory saw them back to their best, making the correct, strategic decisions throughout the 80 minutes.
Their half-backs soon realised that the wide areas were where they would have the most success and so it proved as the hard, varied lines of running from the Vees’ back division would eventually shred the visitors’ defence.
UCSOB did have a spell at the start of the second half when they grabbed their only score but Vees rarley let up, leading 38-0 at half-time and extending that after the break.
In total there were 11 tries, eight of which were converted by George Harding.
Joe Seymour led the way on the scoring charts with a hat-trick while Sam Townsend and Ben Fuller each got a brace.
Harry Mack, Joe Baker, Mike Ainsworth and Cameron Craig completed the rout.
- 1 Club night revival in St Albans
- 2 St Albans woman stops British Grand Prix at Silverstone
- 3 Woman assaulted by teenage boys in Hemel Hempstead underpass
- 4 Man stabbed in St Albans
- 5 St Albans District pupils power to success in the pool
- 6 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 7 Cock fight ends Company of Ten's first-rate season at the Abbey Theatre
- 8 10 reasons to visit this sustainable, family-owned farm shop in St Albans
- 9 Daughter taking the plunge in mum's memory
- 10 IN PICTURES: The return of Kimpton Folk Festival
Vees next game is on January 28 away to Hendon.