Verulamians get back on board the winning train with UCSOB thrashing
- Credit: Archant
Verulamians returned to winning ways with a 71-5 demolition of a plucky UCS Old Boys.
The Cotlandswick-based rugby club lost the lead of Herts Middlesex One with their 21-20 reverse to Old Streetonians last week but this victory saw them back to their best, making the correct, strategic decisions throughout the 80 minutes.
Their half-backs soon realised that the wide areas were where they would have the most success and so it proved as the hard, varied lines of running from the Vees’ back division would eventually shred the visitors’ defence.
UCSOB did have a spell at the start of the second half when they grabbed their only score but Vees rarley let up, leading 38-0 at half-time and extending that after the break.
In total there were 11 tries, eight of which were converted by George Harding.
You may also want to watch:
Joe Seymour led the way on the scoring charts with a hat-trick while Sam Townsend and Ben Fuller each got a brace.
Harry Mack, Joe Baker, Mike Ainsworth and Cameron Craig completed the rout.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 9 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season
- 10 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
Vees next game is on January 28 away to Hendon.