Verulamians continue their rampage with Saracens the latest victim
- Credit: Archant
The Cotlandswick Express charges on as Verulamians Rugby Club beat Saracens Amateurs 47-13.
The victory means Vees have won six straight Herts Middlesex One fixtures this year, amended after Hillingdon Abbot withdrew from the league.
Although the early exchanges saw the scores change rapidly with a try from Cameron Craig, that was equalled by one from Saracens who then went ahead with a well-struck penalty.
A second kick made it 13-7 before Verulamians regained the lead 10 minutes from the break.
George Harding, playing at centre this week, wove through to score near to the posts.
You may also want to watch:
By then Vees had regrouped and the forwards began exerting more and more pressure.
Joe Seymour’s 70-yard run helped Josh Gifford bulldoze his way over under the posts.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 10 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
Harding converted to put Vees 21-13 ahead at half-time.
That killed off the game as a contest and Vees stepped up a gear.
Michael Hollister rumbled through for a brace with Tom Maile and Sam Townsend rounding off another fine performance.
Saturday’s home match against Barnet Elizabethans kicks off at 2.30pm.