Inspirational youngsters help Verulam Reallymoving’s experienced riders to regional medals
- Credit: Archant
Paul Caton and John Jones led a fantastic one-two for Verulam Reallymoving at the Eastern Region Cyclo-cross Championship but said it was the team’s youngsters who were the inspiration for them.
The pair finished first and second in the V50 race as the racing squad produced some fine rides over the mud of Stanborough Park in Welwyn Garden City.
Among them was a second place for Liz McKie in the V50 women's race, third for Alarik Knox in the U12 boys and seventh for Alfie Aldridge in the juniors.
Jones said: "We're having a good year. The kids are doing really well and we just turn up and try our best. It's all about the kids.
"They are proper riders. Some of them are very good.
You may also want to watch:
Caton added: "It was really good. It was a really fast course with lots of riding and a little running so that suited me.
"But yeah, keeping up with the kids is great. They're a bigger inspiration for us than we are for them."
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans