Verulam’s Michael Parry solos in for victory which promotes him to top level
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Really Moving’s Michael Parry soloed in for the win at the Big Events’ regional category two-three race at Hog Hill in Redbridge – the victory good enough to promote him to a category one rider.
It is a remarkable achievement for the 18-year-old and one which directeur sportif Marcel Six was quick to praise.
He said: “Michael’s win as a junior in a senior race shows how far he has come this year.
“We could all see the potential he had at the start of the season but at the same time we knew he needed fine-tuning to be able to compete and race for the win in these races.
“As the season went on the results started improving which put him more at ease and it was only a matter of time until that cat one came along.
You may also want to watch:
“Michael has been a great addition to the racing team and as his coach I am extremely proud of his achievements in 2017.”
- 1 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 5 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 6 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 9 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines