Verulam’s Glen Portelli flying the flag for Hertfordshire at The Belfry
- Credit: Getty Images
A golfer from Verulam Golf Club is part of a Hertfordshire team gunning for a £10,000 county championship at the world-famous Belfry course.
Glen Portelli will link up with Welwyn Garden City’s James Ruebotham and Daniel Field of East Herts to take on teams from Devon, Kent, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire in the PGA England & Wales Inter-County Championship.
The tournament will feature PGA pros from all five counties competing across 36 holes on the National Course at the four-time Ryder Cup venue.
Yorkshire have the chance to add a second title in three years with Snainton Golf Centre’s Alex Belt part of the team that tasted victory back in 2014.
The format is strokeplay with the best two from three scores counting in each round.
You may also want to watch:
It runs for two day starting on Tuesday.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 4 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 5 Harpenden Food and Drink Festival returns after six years
- 6 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Area Guide: The quaint Hertfordshire village of Piccotts End
- 10 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads