Verulam’s Glen Portelli flying the flag for Hertfordshire at The Belfry
- Credit: Getty Images
A golfer from Verulam Golf Club is part of a Hertfordshire team gunning for a £10,000 county championship at the world-famous Belfry course.
Glen Portelli will link up with Welwyn Garden City’s James Ruebotham and Daniel Field of East Herts to take on teams from Devon, Kent, Lincolnshire and Yorkshire in the PGA England & Wales Inter-County Championship.
The tournament will feature PGA pros from all five counties competing across 36 holes on the National Course at the four-time Ryder Cup venue.
Yorkshire have the chance to add a second title in three years with Snainton Golf Centre’s Alex Belt part of the team that tasted victory back in 2014.
The format is strokeplay with the best two from three scores counting in each round.
You may also want to watch:
It runs for two day starting on Tuesday.
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 3 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 6 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 7 Harpenden constituency to go under proposed boundary changes
- 8 Take a trip to the seaside for fun adaptation of The Comedy of Errors at the Roman Theatre festival
- 9 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 10 'Witty, dramatic and rewarding' Skylight set for Abbey Theatre in St Albans