Verulam Reallymoving win first major international medal as Marcel Six wins silver at the Benelux Championship
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving picked up their first major international medal with Marcel Six grabbing silver at the Benelux Championships.
In total 120 riders from Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg took to the Zolder race circuit.
And Six, the team boss of the St Albans-based cycling racing team, was delighted with his place on the podium, coming one month after surgery on his hand.
Six said: “The race was crazy fast from the go.
“After six laps a break went and I had a feeling it was the one that would stick. Luckily I rushed over and got in.
You may also want to watch:
“We worked well but with a lap to go a solo effort went. He kept the gap at 10 seconds and I knew it was lost if I didn’t try something so with 400m to go I opened up my sprint.
“I started to close him down and was convinced I would get there but I fell 5cm short and had to settle for silver.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
“But this result gives me great confidence for the nationals and worlds in two week’s time.”