Verulam Reallymoving win first major international medal as Marcel Six wins silver at the Benelux Championship
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving picked up their first major international medal with Marcel Six grabbing silver at the Benelux Championships.
In total 120 riders from Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg took to the Zolder race circuit.
And Six, the team boss of the St Albans-based cycling racing team, was delighted with his place on the podium, coming one month after surgery on his hand.
Six said: “The race was crazy fast from the go.
“After six laps a break went and I had a feeling it was the one that would stick. Luckily I rushed over and got in.
“We worked well but with a lap to go a solo effort went. He kept the gap at 10 seconds and I knew it was lost if I didn’t try something so with 400m to go I opened up my sprint.
“I started to close him down and was convinced I would get there but I fell 5cm short and had to settle for silver.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Taxi stopped with ‘tyre below legal tread depth’ on A41
- 6 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans Pub Pride: Why we need to tackle monkeypox prejudice
“But this result gives me great confidence for the nationals and worlds in two week’s time.”