Verulam Reallymoving win first major international medal as Marcel Six wins silver at the Benelux Championship
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving picked up their first major international medal with Marcel Six grabbing silver at the Benelux Championships.
In total 120 riders from Belgium, the Netherlands and Luxembourg took to the Zolder race circuit.
And Six, the team boss of the St Albans-based cycling racing team, was delighted with his place on the podium, coming one month after surgery on his hand.
Six said: “The race was crazy fast from the go.
“After six laps a break went and I had a feeling it was the one that would stick. Luckily I rushed over and got in.
You may also want to watch:
“We worked well but with a lap to go a solo effort went. He kept the gap at 10 seconds and I knew it was lost if I didn’t try something so with 400m to go I opened up my sprint.
“I started to close him down and was convinced I would get there but I fell 5cm short and had to settle for silver.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 8 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 9 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 10 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
“But this result gives me great confidence for the nationals and worlds in two week’s time.”