Verulam Reallymoving’s Jared Millar completes national and regional double
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving’s veteran racer Jared Millar has capped off his season in the perfect style with a national title.
He was crowned the League of Veteran Racing Cyclists (LVRC) National Criterium Champion in the 45-49 age group, after breaking clear of the bunch with a strong sprint finish.
Held at the Milton Keynes Bowl circuit, it comprised 50 minutes of racing plus 3 laps.
Millar managed to conserve his energy through the race and was in the top five on the final lap before launching the perfect sprint.
And if that wasn’t enough the following day he clinched the overall LVRC Points Series win thanks to a second place in the Dulwich Paragon road race.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The points series win has been the result of consistently strong results over the course of the 11-race series and Saturday’s championship win was down to executing a clear race strategy on the day and having fresh legs for the sprint.”
Meanwhile, in the team’s youth squad, Tom Martin made a promising start to his cyclo-cross season, taking 19th in the senior category and seventh in the junior at the first Eastern League race of the season.
- 1 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure