Verulam Reallymoving’s Jared Millar completes national and regional double
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving’s veteran racer Jared Millar has capped off his season in the perfect style with a national title.
He was crowned the League of Veteran Racing Cyclists (LVRC) National Criterium Champion in the 45-49 age group, after breaking clear of the bunch with a strong sprint finish.
Held at the Milton Keynes Bowl circuit, it comprised 50 minutes of racing plus 3 laps.
Millar managed to conserve his energy through the race and was in the top five on the final lap before launching the perfect sprint.
And if that wasn’t enough the following day he clinched the overall LVRC Points Series win thanks to a second place in the Dulwich Paragon road race.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The points series win has been the result of consistently strong results over the course of the 11-race series and Saturday’s championship win was down to executing a clear race strategy on the day and having fresh legs for the sprint.”
Meanwhile, in the team’s youth squad, Tom Martin made a promising start to his cyclo-cross season, taking 19th in the senior category and seventh in the junior at the first Eastern League race of the season.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash