Verulam Reallymoving’s Jamie Maxen building experience with impressive European performances
- Credit: Archant
Jamie Maxen is clearly enjoying his European tour with strong performances in a major junior stage race.
The youngster is heading to Belgium this week for a series of races, joining up with an eight-strong squad from his Verulam Reallymoving race team.
And he heads there on the back of a fine effort against the cream of Europe's junior bike riders at the Assen Youth Tour in the Netherlands.
He finished 27th overall in his age category out of 77 and was the fifth British rider.
He said: "I started off the prologue with an average time but I knew it did not matter much as the time gaps were so small.
You may also want to watch:
"Stage two was extremely hot and fast and stage three was also fast but I finished with the rest of the peloton in both.
"I made up more time in the 13km time trial and moved up one more place in the general classification on stage five, where I managed to stay upright despite there being a crash on every lap."
- 1 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 4 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 7 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 8 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 9 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 10 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan