Verulam Reallymoving’s Jamie Maxen building experience with impressive European performances
- Credit: Archant
Jamie Maxen is clearly enjoying his European tour with strong performances in a major junior stage race.
The youngster is heading to Belgium this week for a series of races, joining up with an eight-strong squad from his Verulam Reallymoving race team.
And he heads there on the back of a fine effort against the cream of Europe's junior bike riders at the Assen Youth Tour in the Netherlands.
He finished 27th overall in his age category out of 77 and was the fifth British rider.
He said: "I started off the prologue with an average time but I knew it did not matter much as the time gaps were so small.
You may also want to watch:
"Stage two was extremely hot and fast and stage three was also fast but I finished with the rest of the peloton in both.
"I made up more time in the 13km time trial and moved up one more place in the general classification on stage five, where I managed to stay upright despite there being a crash on every lap."
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant