Alfie Aldridge leads Verulam Reallymoving’s charge on final standings in Central League
- Credit: Archant
Alfie Aldridge led the way as Verulam Reallymoving finished 2019 with yet more success.
Victory in the final round of the Central Cyclo-cross League at Corby also brought the overall win in the junior category for Aldridge.
He beat Aran Martin and Mayson Connor, his rivals throughout the league season, into second and third and claim his sixth success for the 12 events.
Other Verulam riders were in the higher parts of their respective age groups too.
John Jones finished 10th at Corby, two places better off than team-mate and Eastern Region champion Paul Caton in the V50 race.
You may also want to watch:
Caton though edged the overall standings by finishing fourth to Jones's sixth.
Rachel Dunn missed the final round but was still able to come third overall in the V40 category while Liz McKie was fourth overall in the V50s.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans
Alarik Knox was seventh on the day and sixth overall in the U12 boys' while Tom Martin continued his excellent form with a third place in the senior men.