Alfie Aldridge leads Verulam Reallymoving’s charge on final standings in Central League
- Credit: Archant
Alfie Aldridge led the way as Verulam Reallymoving finished 2019 with yet more success.
Victory in the final round of the Central Cyclo-cross League at Corby also brought the overall win in the junior category for Aldridge.
He beat Aran Martin and Mayson Connor, his rivals throughout the league season, into second and third and claim his sixth success for the 12 events.
Other Verulam riders were in the higher parts of their respective age groups too.
John Jones finished 10th at Corby, two places better off than team-mate and Eastern Region champion Paul Caton in the V50 race.
Caton though edged the overall standings by finishing fourth to Jones's sixth.
Rachel Dunn missed the final round but was still able to come third overall in the V40 category while Liz McKie was fourth overall in the V50s.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 3 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 4 The Crossrail connections to Hertfordshire which were never built
- 5 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 6 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 7 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
- 8 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 9 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 10 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
Alarik Knox was seventh on the day and sixth overall in the U12 boys' while Tom Martin continued his excellent form with a third place in the senior men.