Verulam Reallymoving finish on a high as road season comes to a close
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving Race Team underlined their strength this year as the road racing season finally came to a close.
Racing in the Palmer Park Velo event at RAF Abingdon, Will Smith and Jamie Maxen dominated the strong field in the last circuit race of the year to finish first and second.
The flat and open course featured a long straight with a howling headwind and the pair used the numbers game in the 45-minute race to break clear.
Smith said: “I attacked with 20 minutes to go and Jamie and one more followed.
“After another lap it was only Jamie and I and we worked until late on when I got clear.”
Off-road there were also strong results at the Central Cyclo-cross League event at Whipsnade.
Tom Martin was third in the junior race as was John Jones in the V50 category where Christine Pout finished fourth.
- 1 Aldi prioritises St Albans for new store
- 2 St Albans paedophile jailed for trying to arrange online abuse
- 3 WATCH: Delivery driver caught fly-tipping in rural area
- 4 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 5 Sentence increase for St Albans theatre stalwart jailed for paedophilia
- 6 Call for proper testing for new Charter Market stalls
- 7 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 8 Major architectural firm moves into St Albans
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Area Guide: The historic St Michael's village area of St Albans
Alfie Aldridge took fifth in the U16s and Kate Gannon was sixth in the V40 race.