Verulam Reallymoving’s Luke Houghton boosted by King of the Bomber crown
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving’s Luke Houghton says overall victory in the Bovingdon Bomber cycling series has given him a massive confidence boost.
He took enough points in the final round of races to clinch the King of the Bomber title, beating Louis Francis of Watford Velo Sport.
Houghton said: “Throughout the competition I’ve had stiff competition from the likes of Corey Ashley and Louis Francis, who have not made it easy, but there has been a great camaraderie and respect for one-another.
“I’ve had a few team mates who have been at the races helping me win the King of the Bomber trophy who were willing to sacrifice their own chances of victory to help me win the races.
“I’m really happy to win the King of the Bomber, it’s given me a huge confidence boost.”
You may also want to watch:
Of the other Verulam riders Will Smith finished fourth overall while George Olive was ninth.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part