Smith and Nwaka lead Verulam Reallymoving’s assault on time-trial championship
- Credit: Archant
Will Smith, Verulam Reallymoving’s highly-rated U16 rider, and masters’ racer Stan Nwaka took to the national stage as cycling continues its return from lockdown.
The pair were competing in the Cycling Time Trials Championships, a 10-mile race against the clock, and it was an experience that was slightly novel for Smith.
He said: “This was only my fourth timed event and I wasn’t targeting the race but just wanted to see how I would stack up.
“I did a time of 21:10 which I am disappointed with but I learnt a lot from it and know what I need to do to get better.
“I have a few easy adjustments I can make and some harder ones, and I am now setting myself the goal of going sub 20 minutes”
Nwaka, however, is no stranger to the discipline and he came home in 23:32
He said: “It was an amazing event with the cream of the UK competing and it was hugely exciting to be part of this national event.”
- 1 Seven men arrested on suspicion of St Albans burglary
- 2 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 3 Primary school rated 'Good' in latest Ofsted report
- 4 Video shows thief stealing parcel from St Albans home doorstep
- 5 This is Harpenden: faces of town's residents feature in new exhibition
- 6 St Albans Local Plan delayed to autumn 2025
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 After another near miss, crossing desperately needed outside St Albans school
- 10 Honest truths spilled in Saints dressing room after humbling FA Trophy defeat to Cheshunt