Smith and Nwaka lead Verulam Reallymoving’s assault on time-trial championship
- Credit: Archant
Will Smith, Verulam Reallymoving’s highly-rated U16 rider, and masters’ racer Stan Nwaka took to the national stage as cycling continues its return from lockdown.
The pair were competing in the Cycling Time Trials Championships, a 10-mile race against the clock, and it was an experience that was slightly novel for Smith.
He said: “This was only my fourth timed event and I wasn’t targeting the race but just wanted to see how I would stack up.
“I did a time of 21:10 which I am disappointed with but I learnt a lot from it and know what I need to do to get better.
“I have a few easy adjustments I can make and some harder ones, and I am now setting myself the goal of going sub 20 minutes”
You may also want to watch:
Nwaka, however, is no stranger to the discipline and he came home in 23:32
He said: “It was an amazing event with the cream of the UK competing and it was hugely exciting to be part of this national event.”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
- 6 School buzzing about new Forest School and Hive building
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 10 Olympic legend Denise Lewis unveils inspirational mural in St Albans