Verulam Reallymoving and Verulam Cycling Club enjoy day out in Hemel Hempstead
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving were out in force at round six of the Central Cyclo-cross League – with a whole host of fine results for the race team and their parent club Verulam CC.
The event, hosted by Hemel Hempstead CC in the town’s Gadebridge Park, get off to a impressive start with Alfie Aldridge winning the U16 race, ahead off a strong challenge from Welwyn Wheelers’ Euan Woodliffe.
Tom Martin was second in the junior men’s race, as was John Jones in the V50 class.
Alarik Knox took third in the U10s for Verulam while Christine Pout came fifth in the V50 women, Kate Gannon sixth V40 and Imogen Holland seventh in the U12 girls.
Matt Watson was eighth in the juniors while Conrad Holland and Tom Butcher put in strong efforts to finish just outside the top 10.
You may also want to watch:
In other action Verulam Reallymoving’s Karine Jones and Jared Millar were first woman and second man at the Berkhamsted hill climb.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 5 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans