Verulam Reallymoving and Verulam Cycling Club enjoy day out in Hemel Hempstead
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Reallymoving were out in force at round six of the Central Cyclo-cross League – with a whole host of fine results for the race team and their parent club Verulam CC.
The event, hosted by Hemel Hempstead CC in the town’s Gadebridge Park, get off to a impressive start with Alfie Aldridge winning the U16 race, ahead off a strong challenge from Welwyn Wheelers’ Euan Woodliffe.
Tom Martin was second in the junior men’s race, as was John Jones in the V50 class.
Alarik Knox took third in the U10s for Verulam while Christine Pout came fifth in the V50 women, Kate Gannon sixth V40 and Imogen Holland seventh in the U12 girls.
Matt Watson was eighth in the juniors while Conrad Holland and Tom Butcher put in strong efforts to finish just outside the top 10.
You may also want to watch:
In other action Verulam Reallymoving’s Karine Jones and Jared Millar were first woman and second man at the Berkhamsted hill climb.
- 1 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 2 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 5 Shortages crisis hits district
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 8 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 9 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25