Verulam Golf Club take team title at the Hertfordshire Foursomes Championship
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Golf Club picked up the Peggy Harkett Trophy for best team at the Hertfordshire Golf Union’s Interclub Foursomes Championship.
The team of David Dobinson, James Surridge, Callum Austin and Callum Walker, playing on their home course, shot a total of 304 to beat Sandy Lodge from Northwood by one shot.
They were helped in no short way by an eagle from Austin and Walker on their final hole of the day.
Harpenden Common finished in sixth place, Redbourn were 13th and Verulam Artisans 15th.
However, while Dobinson and Surridge could celebrate the team win, they suffered in the pairs event losing to Sandy Lodge duo of Jason Court and Adam Berg-Capin.
You may also want to watch:
The Verulam pair hit rounds of 74 in both the morning and afternoon sessions.
The morning round even contained a triple bogey on the 15th after a lost ball.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 6 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 7 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 8 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25
However, Court and Berg-Capin, shot an impressive 69 in the afternoon for a total of 147, taking the tile by a single shot.