Verulam Golf Club take team title at the Hertfordshire Foursomes Championship
- Credit: Archant
Verulam Golf Club picked up the Peggy Harkett Trophy for best team at the Hertfordshire Golf Union’s Interclub Foursomes Championship.
The team of David Dobinson, James Surridge, Callum Austin and Callum Walker, playing on their home course, shot a total of 304 to beat Sandy Lodge from Northwood by one shot.
They were helped in no short way by an eagle from Austin and Walker on their final hole of the day.
Harpenden Common finished in sixth place, Redbourn were 13th and Verulam Artisans 15th.
However, while Dobinson and Surridge could celebrate the team win, they suffered in the pairs event losing to Sandy Lodge duo of Jason Court and Adam Berg-Capin.
You may also want to watch:
The Verulam pair hit rounds of 74 in both the morning and afternoon sessions.
The morning round even contained a triple bogey on the 15th after a lost ball.
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 7 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 8 Check in to the Supper Club for something different
- 9 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 10 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
However, Court and Berg-Capin, shot an impressive 69 in the afternoon for a total of 147, taking the tile by a single shot.