Verulam Golf Club’s Nathaniel Warren reaches national golf final
- Credit: Archant
A junior golfer from Verulam Golf Club has qualified for the final of a national event.
Nathaniel Warren put on an exceptional display to reach the showdown of the American Golf Junior Championship at Gainsborough Golf Club.
He scored an impressive 42 points off a handicap of 19 to take victory in the boys’ nett category.
Matt Bacon, head of events at American Golf, said: “Some of the best junior golfers in the UK and Ireland have played in the championship over the past few years so I’m excited to see the boys and girls that have been here today taking the competition forward.
“There has been some incredible golf, all played in the best spirit of the game.
You may also want to watch:
“It never ceases to amaze me how these young people perform under pressure, but more so, how they handle themselves in the heat of competition.
“From what I’ve seen and heard, every parent and Junior coach can be very proud of their kids.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 4 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Invincible London Colney youngsters complete incredible first season