Verulam Golf Club’s Nathaniel Warren reaches national golf final
- Credit: Archant
A junior golfer from Verulam Golf Club has qualified for the final of a national event.
Nathaniel Warren put on an exceptional display to reach the showdown of the American Golf Junior Championship at Gainsborough Golf Club.
He scored an impressive 42 points off a handicap of 19 to take victory in the boys’ nett category.
Matt Bacon, head of events at American Golf, said: “Some of the best junior golfers in the UK and Ireland have played in the championship over the past few years so I’m excited to see the boys and girls that have been here today taking the competition forward.
“There has been some incredible golf, all played in the best spirit of the game.
You may also want to watch:
“It never ceases to amaze me how these young people perform under pressure, but more so, how they handle themselves in the heat of competition.
“From what I’ve seen and heard, every parent and Junior coach can be very proud of their kids.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 7 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 8 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 9 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 10 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction