Verulam appoints a new head pro
- Credit: Archant
MEET Verulam’s new PGA Head Professional.
Joel Saunders, pictured right, took over the role this month and is raring to go.
The 29-year-old has been attached to the club since 2001 as held the position of assistant professional from the age of 18 until his recent promotion.
As well as running the club shop, which has undergone a total refurbishment, Saunders will coach the juniors and represent the Verulam Golf Club at tournaments across the East of England. In his own words, he will be the “forefront” of the club.
And his main aim is to get more people involved with the sport he loves so much.
“Golf is a great sport for kids and adults to learn – for adults golf has evolved into a business tool since meetings take place on the course as well as in the board room,” he said.
“It also teaches patience, concentration and the etiquette of the great game.”
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 5 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 8 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 9 MP condemns government over BBC threat
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star
To help more encourage more people to play golf, Saunders has approached schools in Herfordshire in the hope of promoting junior golf and he is running session for ladies in order to increase female members.
Verulam’s new head professional is planning an open day for budding and keen golfers to see the new shop in the near future. For more information, visit www.verulamgolf.co.uk