Verulam appoints a new head pro
- Credit: Archant
MEET Verulam’s new PGA Head Professional.
Joel Saunders, pictured right, took over the role this month and is raring to go.
The 29-year-old has been attached to the club since 2001 as held the position of assistant professional from the age of 18 until his recent promotion.
As well as running the club shop, which has undergone a total refurbishment, Saunders will coach the juniors and represent the Verulam Golf Club at tournaments across the East of England. In his own words, he will be the “forefront” of the club.
And his main aim is to get more people involved with the sport he loves so much.
You may also want to watch:
“Golf is a great sport for kids and adults to learn – for adults golf has evolved into a business tool since meetings take place on the course as well as in the board room,” he said.
“It also teaches patience, concentration and the etiquette of the great game.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 9 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 10 Olympian Max Whitlock opens new Harpenden leisure centre
To help more encourage more people to play golf, Saunders has approached schools in Herfordshire in the hope of promoting junior golf and he is running session for ladies in order to increase female members.
Verulam’s new head professional is planning an open day for budding and keen golfers to see the new shop in the near future. For more information, visit www.verulamgolf.co.uk