Vees U14 win third consecutive game
Verulamians U14 made it three league wins out of three on Sunday, with a hard-fought 46-26 win against Cheshunt
Vees controlled the first half with four tries and looked to have a comfortable 22-5 lead at half-time.
Cheshunt fought back with three tries to get back within eight points with 10 minutes to go. However, Vees kept their heads and scored twice late on to run out winners.
The U13 side, made up of players from Vees and Tabard, romped to an eight-try victory over Harrow in the Saracens Herts Middlesex Junior League Division Five.
Neither team could find a way through in the early exchanges as both defences were well organised. However, midway through the first half Vees took the lead with a try from Joel Feeley and they extended it with scores from Dylan Simms and Kieron Lickfold. Matthew McKinnon added one conversion.
You may also want to watch:
In a dominant second-half display, Vees added a further five tries from Henry Tripp, Alex Shaw, Eddie Peckham, Kieron Lickfold and Dylan Simms. Aidan Clifford and Matthew McKinnon kicked three conversions between them to leave the final score 48-0.
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall