Vees U14 win third consecutive game
Verulamians U14 made it three league wins out of three on Sunday, with a hard-fought 46-26 win against Cheshunt
Vees controlled the first half with four tries and looked to have a comfortable 22-5 lead at half-time.
Cheshunt fought back with three tries to get back within eight points with 10 minutes to go. However, Vees kept their heads and scored twice late on to run out winners.
The U13 side, made up of players from Vees and Tabard, romped to an eight-try victory over Harrow in the Saracens Herts Middlesex Junior League Division Five.
Neither team could find a way through in the early exchanges as both defences were well organised. However, midway through the first half Vees took the lead with a try from Joel Feeley and they extended it with scores from Dylan Simms and Kieron Lickfold. Matthew McKinnon added one conversion.
You may also want to watch:
In a dominant second-half display, Vees added a further five tries from Henry Tripp, Alex Shaw, Eddie Peckham, Kieron Lickfold and Dylan Simms. Aidan Clifford and Matthew McKinnon kicked three conversions between them to leave the final score 48-0.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 4 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development