Vees snatch win double
YOUTH RUGBY: VERULAMIAN Chariots hosted Enfield Ignatians at Cotlandswick recording two good victories.
Enfield turned up with a well organised squad whose pre-match drills showed they where well prepared and keen to use the power of their forward pack.
Both matches were close affairs with large periods of possession for both sides.
Chariots made better use of their periods of possession with the driving rucks and powerful driving game of Chariots’ pack gaining ground effectively and when the backs had the chance to run with ball their speed of running into the broken Enfield defence caused the visitors trouble time after time.
Chariots won a very competitive first match 28-14 and the second 21-0.
You may also want to watch:
The seven tries were scored by Curtis Wolf, Harry Croughton (two), Max Chambers (two), Jordan Reynolds and Joseph Ryan, all seven tries were converted by James Ryan.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 4 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 5 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 6 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 7 Urgent care hub to be created at St Albans City Hospital
- 8 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 9 St Albans mum wins award for contribution to SEN
- 10 Colney Heath claim first Southern League win with Hertford success