Vees hit heights
THE Verulamians Under 14s played some of their best rugby yet in a training game against Hemel Hempstead on Sunday. Hemel struck two early scores with the valiant Vees responding through full back Stewart Grey, who scored a try converted by captain Charli
THE Verulamians Under 14s played some of their best rugby yet in a training game against Hemel Hempstead on Sunday.
Hemel struck two early scores with the valiant Vees responding through full back Stewart Grey, who scored a try converted by captain Charlie Rainsford.
Vees continued to push for the line and to the delight of their coaches they came back with a try scored by Emil Mupemhi which was converted.
Hemel added two more tries before Emil Mupemhi ran the length of the pitch, making several hand-offs. Unfortunately, in trying to get as close to the posts as possible he went beyond the short dead-ball zone and the try was disallowed.
You may also want to watch:
The final score was 33-14 to Hemel but the spirit of the impressive Vees shone against the well-organised league leaders.
With half-term absences the Vees borrowed one of Hemel Hempstead players who also accounted for himself well in the centres.
- 1 Detective hopes sentence 'sends clear message' after car cruise crash drivers jailed
- 2 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 3 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 4 Pair jailed for causing horror crash that injured 19
- 5 Diamond couple mark anniversary in style
- 6 George Street traders call for permanent pedestrianisation as street closure debate continues
- 7 St Albans crowned UK's cleanest city
- 8 Football club donates pitch to St Albans primary school
- 9 St Albans woman recognised with Queen's Award
- 10 Quarantine hotel set up in St Albans
The Vees now look forward to a home fixture on Sunday and are hoping to make some new signings to boost the squad.
Vees Under 14a: Chris Durrant, Emil Mupemhi, Ri Dollie, Dreevesh Gooheran, Callum Madge, Daniel Monaghan, Simon Crain, Jamie McLachlan, Troy Rossides, Charlie Rainsford, William Nayler, Jake Cook, Stewart Grey, Avenash Akhal.