Vaughan fires Wheato to Cup win
Goal-ace nets double in Cup victory
Wheathampstead Wanderers 5 Martin Baker Reserves 3
Wheathampstead overcame Division One side Martin Baker Reserves 5-3 in the Webster Cup with two goals from Alex Vaughan and singles from Tom Coates, David Bailey and Arran Higham
Dominic Brady was Man of the Match with an athletic display in midfield. This week Wheato fell to their first league defeat since September going down 4-3 to the impressive Oxhey Wanderers. Goal machine Vaughan scored his 16th goal of the season with Adam Facer and Jason Ling also on the scoresheet. Wanderers’ veteran Rich Disbrey was outstanding at right-back.
This week Wanderers travel to lowly Oxhey Jets hoping to get back on the winning trail.
- 1 Revealed: The five areas of Hertfordshire where the average home costs more than £1m
- 2 City centre Poundland store could be demolished and rebuilt
- 3 Ricky Gervais' Netflix series After Life filmed in Hertfordshire
- 4 Inquest jury to hear 999 call made as child choked at Radlett nursery
- 5 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 6 Comment: Mixed emotions as building work begins
- 7 Town bank building given green light to split into three
- 8 Green light given for St Albans City to hit the transfer market but patience is key says Allinson
- 9 'Visually striking' Chaos Dancing Cosmos installation at St Albans Museum + Gallery
- 10 Obituary: Don Francis, former St Albans City and St Albans Sunday League star