Vaughan fires Wheato to Cup win
Goal-ace nets double in Cup victory
Wheathampstead Wanderers 5 Martin Baker Reserves 3
Wheathampstead overcame Division One side Martin Baker Reserves 5-3 in the Webster Cup with two goals from Alex Vaughan and singles from Tom Coates, David Bailey and Arran Higham
Dominic Brady was Man of the Match with an athletic display in midfield. This week Wheato fell to their first league defeat since September going down 4-3 to the impressive Oxhey Wanderers. Goal machine Vaughan scored his 16th goal of the season with Adam Facer and Jason Ling also on the scoresheet. Wanderers’ veteran Rich Disbrey was outstanding at right-back.
You may also want to watch:
This week Wanderers travel to lowly Oxhey Jets hoping to get back on the winning trail.
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25