Unlucky Town lose out
HARPENDEN Town boss Ryan Thompson admitted his team felt hard done by after going down 2-0 to league leaders Berkhamsted on Tuesday evening.
Town dominated proceedings and created numerous chances but were unable to find the back of the net and the league leaders punished them for that profligacy with second half goals from Tony Burnett and James Armstrong.
“They’re a very good side but we performed brilliantly,” Thompson told the Herts Advertiser.
“We felt very hard done by last night. We closed them down, harried them and forced them into mistakes but you don’t get points for battering sides.
“I’m disappointed because we lost but not disappointed with the performance because we were quality.”
You may also want to watch:
Tuesday evening’s game was the fourth encounter between the two sides this season and Thompson says his side have made massive strides since the teams met earlier in the season.
“They’re a very good side and shouldn’t be in this league,” said Thompson.
- 1 CCTV appeal after £100,000 worth of vehicles destroyed in arson attack
- 2 What to expect with pupils heading back to the classroom
- 3 Residents' misery after disruption on former Butterfly World site
- 4 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 5 Tributes paid following death of 'warm and polite' Redbourn councillor
- 6 Blooming Burnham flower tributes 'spread love not lurgies'
- 7 St Albans' COVID cases decline considerably as roadmap out of lockdown announced
- 8 Harpenden receives high praise from Health Secretary over vaccine
- 9 The latest court results from the St Albans area
- 10 Renewed promises made across three generations of Herts guides
“They should be playing at a higher level and I doubt Division One will see another club like them.
“When we played them at the start of the season the lad Armstrong ran Ricky Petts a merry dance but last night Pettsy had him in his pocket.
“Andy Saul hasn’t had much of the limelight this season but he is a real rock at the back and when he doesn’t play we really miss him.”