Unlucky Town lose out
HARPENDEN Town boss Ryan Thompson admitted his team felt hard done by after going down 2-0 to league leaders Berkhamsted on Tuesday evening.
Town dominated proceedings and created numerous chances but were unable to find the back of the net and the league leaders punished them for that profligacy with second half goals from Tony Burnett and James Armstrong.
“They’re a very good side but we performed brilliantly,” Thompson told the Herts Advertiser.
“We felt very hard done by last night. We closed them down, harried them and forced them into mistakes but you don’t get points for battering sides.
“I’m disappointed because we lost but not disappointed with the performance because we were quality.”
You may also want to watch:
Tuesday evening’s game was the fourth encounter between the two sides this season and Thompson says his side have made massive strides since the teams met earlier in the season.
“They’re a very good side and shouldn’t be in this league,” said Thompson.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
“They should be playing at a higher level and I doubt Division One will see another club like them.
“When we played them at the start of the season the lad Armstrong ran Ricky Petts a merry dance but last night Pettsy had him in his pocket.
“Andy Saul hasn’t had much of the limelight this season but he is a real rock at the back and when he doesn’t play we really miss him.”