Unlucky Town lose out
HARPENDEN Town boss Ryan Thompson admitted his team felt hard done by after going down 2-0 to league leaders Berkhamsted on Tuesday evening.
Town dominated proceedings and created numerous chances but were unable to find the back of the net and the league leaders punished them for that profligacy with second half goals from Tony Burnett and James Armstrong.
“They’re a very good side but we performed brilliantly,” Thompson told the Herts Advertiser.
“We felt very hard done by last night. We closed them down, harried them and forced them into mistakes but you don’t get points for battering sides.
“I’m disappointed because we lost but not disappointed with the performance because we were quality.”
Tuesday evening’s game was the fourth encounter between the two sides this season and Thompson says his side have made massive strides since the teams met earlier in the season.
“They’re a very good side and shouldn’t be in this league,” said Thompson.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 3 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 8 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 9 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 10 St Albans Striders shine as Midweek Road Race League makes welcome return
“They should be playing at a higher level and I doubt Division One will see another club like them.
“When we played them at the start of the season the lad Armstrong ran Ricky Petts a merry dance but last night Pettsy had him in his pocket.
“Andy Saul hasn’t had much of the limelight this season but he is a real rock at the back and when he doesn’t play we really miss him.”