Unique parkrun milestone for Harpenden Arrows’ Scott Clarke
- Credit: Archant
Scott Clarke, who competes for Harpenden Arrows Running Club, is set for a unique milestone.
His appearance at the new Heartwood Forest parkrun on Saturday will be the 100th different parkrun venue he will have visited.
It will be his 159th parkrun in total with venues as far afield as Inverness, Jersey, Belfast and Copenhagen.
He said: “I ran my first in January 2014 with my eldest son, as I had hit 17 stone and wanted to lose some weight.
“My kids have been a great part of the journey, with Joseph having done 60 different parkruns with me and Samuel 53. When I started, I didn’t really know what I wanted to achieve, but it certainly wasn’t travelling across the country visiting a new parkrun each week.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really pleased that I can do my 100th venue so close to home at Heartwood Forest, so that many of my friends from Harpenden Arrows and my family can join me.”
- 1 Village's first scarecrow trail raises £700 for school
- 2 Property Spotlight: A penthouse apartment at St Albans' Gabriel Square
- 3 Schoolgirl donates hair to Little Princess Trust
- 4 All you need to know about St Albans Cathedral's Alban Pilgrimage this year
- 5 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 6 It's showtime at Rothamsted with West End stars performing in 'Musicals at the Manor'
- 7 Have your say on St Stephen Neighbourhood Plan
- 8 Area Guide: The pretty Hertfordshire village of Sandridge
- 9 Resident accused of 'land-grab' over bid to annexe amenity space
- 10 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report