Unique parkrun milestone for Harpenden Arrows’ Scott Clarke
- Credit: Archant
Scott Clarke, who competes for Harpenden Arrows Running Club, is set for a unique milestone.
His appearance at the new Heartwood Forest parkrun on Saturday will be the 100th different parkrun venue he will have visited.
It will be his 159th parkrun in total with venues as far afield as Inverness, Jersey, Belfast and Copenhagen.
He said: “I ran my first in January 2014 with my eldest son, as I had hit 17 stone and wanted to lose some weight.
“My kids have been a great part of the journey, with Joseph having done 60 different parkruns with me and Samuel 53. When I started, I didn’t really know what I wanted to achieve, but it certainly wasn’t travelling across the country visiting a new parkrun each week.
You may also want to watch:
“I am really pleased that I can do my 100th venue so close to home at Heartwood Forest, so that many of my friends from Harpenden Arrows and my family can join me.”
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Shortages crisis hits district
- 3 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 Picture special: Pub in the Park returns to St Albans
- 6 Property Spotlight: A £2m family home on one of Harpenden's most desirable roads
- 7 Phantoms of the railway - the ghost lines of Welwyn and Harpenden
- 8 St Albans Sirens overcome seasickness to complete charity Channel swim
- 9 St Albans school adopts new wellbeing app
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25