Under the radar Old Albanian Tennis Club on the lookout for new members
- Credit: Archant
An oft-forgotten tennis club is on the lookout for new members.
Old Albanian Tennis Club is hidden away at the back of Woollams Playing Fields behind the cricket pitches and rugby grounds of Old Albanian and Saracens.
And their location, despite its generous facilities and stunning vistas, can often
Club secretary Maureen Harcourt said: “A lot of people are not aware that our club exists as it is hidden behind trees.
“We are a small friendly club that would welcome new members of all abilities and ages.
You may also want to watch:
“Club sessions are on Saturday afternoons and Tuesday evenings but members are free to play at any time that our four beautiful floodlit astroturf courts are free.”
The club have ladies, mens and mixed teams playing in leagues and members can benefit from training sessions with club coach Margie Edge.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
For more information go to www.oatennis.com or email email@example.com