Under the radar Old Albanian Tennis Club on the lookout for new members
- Credit: Archant
An oft-forgotten tennis club is on the lookout for new members.
Old Albanian Tennis Club is hidden away at the back of Woollams Playing Fields behind the cricket pitches and rugby grounds of Old Albanian and Saracens.
And their location, despite its generous facilities and stunning vistas, can often
Club secretary Maureen Harcourt said: “A lot of people are not aware that our club exists as it is hidden behind trees.
“We are a small friendly club that would welcome new members of all abilities and ages.
“Club sessions are on Saturday afternoons and Tuesday evenings but members are free to play at any time that our four beautiful floodlit astroturf courts are free.”
The club have ladies, mens and mixed teams playing in leagues and members can benefit from training sessions with club coach Margie Edge.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 6 Foodies queue to try street food sourced, cooked and served in Herts
- 7 MoonWalk success for the St Albans cancer survivor and her Belgian Buns
- 8 Company of Ten's A Bunch of Amateurs production 'milks the comedy for all its worth' at the Abbey Theatre
- 9 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 10 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
For more information go to www.oatennis.com or email email@example.com