Unbeaten run up to 10 as Harpenden Town edge tight game at Biggleswade United
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town stretched their unbeaten run in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division to 10, nine of them wins, as they beat Biggleswade United 1-0 at Second Meadow.
It keeps them hot on the heels of Berkhamsted and Welwyn Garden City at the top.
It was another hard-fought battle between the teams, which United shaded, but it was decided by a solitary goal eight minutes after half-time.
Kyle McLeish picked the ball up on the edge of the box and spread it wide to David Keenleyside.
His cross-cum-shot was pushed out by Robbie Ponting but straight into the path of James Ewington who volleyed home.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant manager Michael Jones said: “We didn’t play to our potential in the first half but were better in the second and got the winning goal.
“They showed their determination and desire against a good team and kept a clean sheet as well so I’m very pleased.”
- 1 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 2 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 3 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 4 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 5 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 6 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 7 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans
- 8 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 9 New vicar comes to Harpenden church
- 10 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game