Unbeaten run up to 10 as Harpenden Town edge tight game at Biggleswade United
- Credit: Archant
Harpenden Town stretched their unbeaten run in the Spartan South Midlands League Premier Division to 10, nine of them wins, as they beat Biggleswade United 1-0 at Second Meadow.
It keeps them hot on the heels of Berkhamsted and Welwyn Garden City at the top.
It was another hard-fought battle between the teams, which United shaded, but it was decided by a solitary goal eight minutes after half-time.
Kyle McLeish picked the ball up on the edge of the box and spread it wide to David Keenleyside.
His cross-cum-shot was pushed out by Robbie Ponting but straight into the path of James Ewington who volleyed home.
You may also want to watch:
Assistant manager Michael Jones said: “We didn’t play to our potential in the first half but were better in the second and got the winning goal.
“They showed their determination and desire against a good team and kept a clean sheet as well so I’m very pleased.”
- 1 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 6 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 7 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall